StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

USERDATA_SCRIPTS not running with addnode

From: Cedar McKay <no email>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 10:20:33 -0700

Hello all.
I'm using the USERDATA_SCRIPTS setting to run a script on cluster start. It is mounting an s3fs volume if that matters, though I've also tested it with simply touching a file. As an aside, is there a better place to mount a volume? I didn't dare touch fstab because I figured it might be generate/changed by starcluster depending on the cluster config.

In any case, it works as expected when starting a cluster, but if I use addnode, the new nodes don't execute the script. Is this a bug, or behavior that I can change? It seems to me that new nodes should be started in the exact same way as other nodes.

Thanks!

Cedar