StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster Plugins

From: Dmitry Serenbrennikov <no email>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:37:02 +0000

This brings up something I've been thinking about. How hard would it be to rewrite the loadbalancer to work in the context of Amazon's AWS Autoscaling instead of as its own standalone piece? I am not familiar with autoscaling yet, but seems like there is a bit of an overlap in functionality. Does that sound like a good direction?

Also, it would be great to abstract the loadbalancer's queue sensor and make SGE a plugin. Other implementations can include Celery or perhaps ipython. Just brainstorming for now.