StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: registering nodes with SGE after plugins run

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:05:49 -0500

Hi Christian,

The SGE plugin is a 'default' plugin that runs before all other plugins
for historical reasons. You can change this however by manually defining
the SGE plugin in your config, adding disable_queue=True to your cluster
config, and then adding the manually defined SGE plugin to your plugins
list in the order you prefer. For example:

[plugin sge]
setup_class = starcluster.plugins.sge.SGEPlugin

[plugin yourplugin]
setup_class = ...

[cluster smallcluster]
disable_queue = True
plugins = yourplugin, sge

This is similar to the instructions for 'Advanced Options' in the SGE
plugin docs:

http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/plugins/sge.html#disabling-job-execution-on-master-node

With this config your plugin will run before the SGE plugin which should
solve your issue.

~Justin