StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Best practice query?

From: Lyn Gerner <no email>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:14:14 -1000

Hi Folks,

I need to make node-resource-specific SGE config changes everytime I add a
new node. To avoid race conditions, I need to bring the node up in a
disabled state, make the changes, then enable it for running jobs.

I don't see a way to do this with StarCluster commands or config settings.
 Maybe I missed something.

Could I get a best practice suggestion for how to achieve that set of
interactions? I don't want to hack the SGE plugin if there's a better way.

Thanks,
Lyn