StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Interest in "--master-local" feature?

From: Lyn Gerner <no email>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:29:10 -1000

Hi All,

1) I've seen discussions about VPC on this list, and am generally
interested to know the state of development for that compatibility.

2) My current efforts are toward a scalable compute farm that is actually
the application back-end of a multitiered web service+DB. My database node
has to be up 24x7, and it will already hold the data I need to process on
my starcluster nodes. What I'd really like to be able to do is have
starcluster installed on that node, and with an option like --master-local,
have starcluster install the master on the current node and then launch
additional compute instances, and NFS export an existing directory from the
master.

Just curious if anyone has experimented with anything like that, or if
there is broader support for such an option.

Thanks,
Lyn