StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: limiting the number of ipengines started on each node?

From: Niklas Krumm <no email>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 00:14:36 -0700

Hi Jascha and Fernando,

I am not an expert. However I did take a look... and while there doesn't seem to be an option built in for this, thanks to your detailed instructions it was easy to parameterize this as an option for the plugin (I named it MAX_ENGINES_PER_NODE). You can see the changes needed here:

https://github.com/nkrumm/StarCluster/commit/9670dde20b0ed8fbd8a62ed97650892faea01703

and then just add the variable to the [plugin ipcluster] section of your config file, eg:
MAX_ENGINES_PER_NODE=1

Full disclosure...I have not yet tested these changes! good luck :)
~Nik