StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

root volumes after termination

From: Steve Heistand <no email>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:00:58 -0700

Hi folks,

so it seems that when I go and terminate any of the EC2 instances the root volumes that
the instance uses doesnt get deleted. Starting up new instances always creates new volumes
so I get lots of left over unused volumes wasting money.
Is this normal?
The termination process doesnt mention anything about getting rid of volumes:
..
Terminate EBS cluster hos (y/n)? y
>>> Running plugin starcluster.clustersetup.DefaultClusterSetup
>>> Detaching volume vol-0b450162 from master
>>> Terminating node: master (i-42d97475)
>>> Terminating node: node001 (i-41d97476)
>>> Waiting for cluster to terminate...
>>> Removing _at_sc-hos placement group
>>> Removing _at_sc-hos security group...

thanks

steve

--
 Steve Heistand                           NASA Ames Research Center
 SciCon Group                             Mail Stop 258-6