StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Prefixing hostnames with cluster tag

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 00:53:06 +0000

Hi Alex:

I have not worked on this. Sounds useful, particularly if you're using StarCluster in a more 'infrastructure buliding' role. It would be nice if the format of the hostname were configurable:

clustername.nodename
clustername-nodename
nodename.clustername.mydomain.edu
nodename.clustername.mydomain.private
etc.

If you're looking for a show of support for your new project, you've certainly got it from me! I can't say I have the quality programming skills to write it though.

Thanks for the great idea!
-Hugh