Prefixing hostnames with cluster tag
This archive was generated by
I'm proposing a new feature and would like to both gauge people's interest
and get your feedback.
I'd like a config option to prefix hostnames of a cluster with the cluster
tag or a user-defined prefix upon cluster creation. For example:
I have a cluster named "mynewcluster" with two hosts, "master" and
"node001." I'd like those hosts to be named "mynewcluster-master" and
- I'd like to simplify the process of hooking up my starcluster nodes
with our internal DNS. This would let me have multiple clusters in the
same DNS without name conflicts caused by having "master" nodes everywhere.
- It's easier for our sys_eng/ops team to identify a starcluster node
they see in the AWS console.
- one cluster can communicate with another inside our internal dns
without using ip addresses.
- Has anyone worked on this?
- Is anyone interested in this?
Received on Tue Aug 13 2013 - 17:56:21 EDT