StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: use of cr1.8xlarge instances

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 23:58:21 -0400

It's not StarCluster that is restricting the number of nodes in your
cluster -- in fact, StarCluster can be used to start clusters that are
100 (or even 1,000 and larger) without changing any code in
StarCluster. In fact, StarCluster does not know if you are hitting the
20 on-demand instance limit because there is no API to check the value
and you can request AWS to increase the number fairly easily.

Back to the 2 cr1.8xlarge instances issue, it's actually the EC2 limit
for on-Demand for the instance type:

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/faqs/#How_many_instances_can_I_run_in_Amazon_EC2

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/