StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Volumes not being destroyed on terminate

From: Lyn Gerner <no email>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:49:34 -0800

Hi All,

I am using StarCluster in the process of iteratively building and testing
an AMI for a particular app. While I am attaching a single, customized EBS
volume to each cluster I start, I am seeing many unrelated volumes being
attached and detached as I start and terminate each cluster. Further, I'm
seeing an increasingly large number of EBS volumes in my AWS acct.

If I understand correctly, the command "starcluster terminate mycluster"
should also be deleting any EBS volumes that were created as a result of
mycluster's instantiation. Is that correct, and if so, any ideas why these
"extra" volumes are not being deleted/destroyed during termination?

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

Lyn