StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Error creating SSH key

From: federico vaggi <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:11:41 +0100

Hello!

Thank you for all the work you put in to creating StarCluster. I am rather
new to EC computing, so I was trying to follow the quickstart guide
religiously, and ran into a snag when I was creating the keypair.

I used:

starcluster createkey mykey -o ~/.ssh/mykey.rsa

and got this error at first:

fedev_at_UbuntuHome:~$ starcluster createkey mykey -o ~/.ssh/mykey.rsa
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.3)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

!!! ERROR - output directory does not exist

I manually created the .ssh directory, and reran the command:

fedev_at_UbuntuHome:~$ starcluster createkey amazonkey
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.3)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

!!! ERROR - UnauthorizedOperation: You are not authorized to perform this
operation.

Next, I tried Issuing the same command with sudo, but it didn't help at all
and I got the same error.

Any clue what might be causing it? Google searches are not particularly
helpful (or, I cannot figure out how they are related to my current
problem).

Thank you very much!

Federico

PS