StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Updated cookbook for preparation of Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 HVM for starcluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 02:28:16 -0500

Hi Ed,

The latest AMI build script is available here:

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/blob/develop/utils/scimage.py

It's pretty rudimentary but gets the job done. There are some
instructions in the header about downloading a Ubuntu cloud image from
uec-images.ubuntu.com, chrooting, and running the script inside the
chroot as root. You can either do this on an EC2 instance on an
attached EBS volume or in a chroot on your local machine.

HTH,

~Justin