StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Cluster extension using StarCluster

From: Peter Maday <no email>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:25:19 +0100

I have no previous experience with SGE or the AWS, but I would be
interested to know if it should be possible to use StarCluster in a
manner being referred to as "Cluster extension" at the following link:
http://www.brightcomputing.com/Linux-Cluster-Cloud-Bursting.php

The basic idea is to have some physical nodes in addition to the EC2
instances, and only consume AWS resources when it really is necessary
based on the queue status. Aside from the management of the AWS
instances there would be no additional difference with respect to the
SGE operation is this correct?

Thanks a lot,
Peter