StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster Article in this month's Linux Magazine

From: Gavin W. Burris <no email>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:16:30 -0500

On 11/26/2012 11:05 AM, Justin Riley wrote:
> Also, what's the SSH key issue with the AMI in the article? We can
> try to fix it if at all possible...

Hi Justin,

I started with the SL6 ami noted in the github wiki page, added in the
required packages, then bundled a new ami using starcluster. I did
testing of the image, even from a clean system with a different key.
Somewhere along the way, the re-bundled image stopped pulling keys. I
had to add commands to rc.local to ensure that the root key was
fetched on image boot.

There is probably a better way to fetch the key, but I was in a hurry
to fix the problem. :)

Cheers.