StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Spot price history does not agree with AWS

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:19:55 -0500

Hi Ryan,

You're most likely looking at a zone-specific spot price. I've added
support for zone specific spot pricing on github which will be
included in the next release:

$ starcluster spothistory m1.small -z us-west-1a

The current version, 0.93.3 ,still uses the data from all zones. This
is probably why you're seeing different pricing between the
spothistory command and the Amazon console.

HTH,

~Justin