StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Starcluster SGE usage

From: Jesse Lu <no email>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:12:04 -0700

You can modify the all.q queue to assign a fixed number of slots to each
node.

   - If I remember correctly, "$ qconf -mq all.q" will bring up the
   configuration of the all.q queue in an editor.
   - Under the "slots" attribute should be a semilengthly string such as
   "[node001=16],[node002=16],..."
   - Try replacing the entire string with a single number such as "2". This
   should assign each host to have only two slots.
   - Save the configuration and try a simple submission with the 'orte'
   parallel environment and let me know if it works.

Jesse