StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Starcluster SGE usage

From: John St. John <no email>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:37:15 -0700

Hello,
I am having issues telling qsub to limit the number of jobs ran at any one time on each node of the cluster. There are sometimes ways to do this with things like "qsub -l node=1:ppn=1" or "qsub -l procs=2" or something. I even tried "qsub -l slots=2" but that gave me an error and told me to use the parallel environment. When I tried to use the "orte" parallel environment like "-pe orte 2" I see "slots=2" in my qstat list, but everything gets executed on one node at the same parallelization as before. How do I limit the number of jobs per node? I am running a process that consumes a very large amount of ram.

Thanks,
John