StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Attaching an EBS volume

From: Sergio Mafra <no email>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:59:40 -0300

Hi fellows,

I´m trying to attach a 500 Gib EBS volume to my StarCluster. Here what I´ve
done.

1. Created the volume thru´ AWS Console
2. Attached the volume to Master instance and choose /dev/sdf
3. Changed in .config file:
###############################
## Defining Cluster Templates ##
###############################
# list of volumes to attach to the master node (OPTIONAL)
# these volumes, if any, will be NFS shared to the worker nodes
# see "Configuring EBS Volumes" below on how to define volume sections
VOLUMES = newave
(...)
#############################
## Configuring EBS Volumes ##
#############################
[volume newave]
VOLUME_ID = vol-a74259dc
MOUNT_PATH = /home/newave
(...)
4. Started the cluster, sshed to master and formatted the volume
5. mkdir /home/newave in the master
6. Stopped the cluster... it dettached the volume
7. When I tried to start it again (using -x option), it didn´t attach or
mount the volume

What I´m doing wrong???

All the best,

Sergio