StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Delay when using Sun Grid Engine

From: Jesse Lu <no email>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:32:52 -0700

Hi Rayson,

Let me first say thanks for OGS, its a super useful tool!

So, an update....
I realized that the parameter was load_report_time in the global
configuration.
The delay was basically exactly load_report_time, and so I have set it to
0, and the delay is basically gone...

Rayson, here is my global configuration (qconf -sconf), any comments?
Particularly, is it okay to have a value of zero for load_report_time?

$ qconf -sconf
#global:
execd_spool_dir /opt/sge6/default/spool
mailer /bin/mail
xterm /usr/bin/X11/xterm
load_sensor none
prolog none
epilog none
shell_start_mode posix_compliant
login_shells sh,bash,ksh,csh,tcsh
min_uid 0
min_gid 0
user_lists none
xuser_lists none
projects none
xprojects none
enforce_project false
enforce_user auto
load_report_time 00:00:00
max_unheard 00:05:00
reschedule_unknown 02:00:00
loglevel log_warning
administrator_mail none_at_none.edu
set_token_cmd none
pag_cmd none
token_extend_time none
shepherd_cmd none
qmaster_params none
execd_params none
reporting_params accounting=false reporting=false \
                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=false
sharelog=00:00:00
finished_jobs 100
gid_range 20000-20100