StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

static IP solution in starcluster?

From: Charles Cadieu <no email>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:46:39 -0400

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has a simple solution to the non-static public IP
address for the master node. Using the sshmaster command is fine, but
having an alias or static IP would make it easy for other programs to find
the cluster without having to manually enter the public IP every time it
changes.

This could be something simple, like automatically updating my local
/etc/hosts with the correct alias between the cluster's name and the
dynamic public IP.
Or a plugin to automatically assign an Elastic IP address to the master
node: http://aws.amazon.com/articles/1346

Let me know if anyone has a solution to this problem.

Thanks!
Charles