StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Running command on nodes using IP address of the master as parameter

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:21:23 -0400

Hi Sebastien,

Welcome and glad you're enjoying StarCluster thus far :D

Are you using a plugin to do the setup? If so you can get the private ip
address of the master, e.g.:

def run(self, nodes, master, user, user_shell, volumes):
    log.info("Master node public ip: %s" % master.ip_address)
    log.info("Master node private ip: %s" % master.private_ip_address)

With that said, have you checked whether the command you're running
accepts hostnames? If so you should be able to use 'master:<port>' on
any node in the cluster instead of looking up the ip address of the
master each time...

HTH,

~Justin