StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

local instance store lower than expected

From: Filipe J. Ribeiro <no email>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 00:43:26 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to StarCluster so I might be missing something obvious.

I have an instance running (m1.xlarge) that, according to amazon (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#instance) should have 1690 GB of local storage. I believe starcluster mounts it as /mnt/. However, /mnt/ has only 415 GB of size.

I tried an m1.small instance, which should have 160 GB of local store, and 'df' shows 147 GB, which is fine.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is it an Amazon issue or a starcluster issue?

Thanks for the help.

Filipe