StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Using StarCluster with Hudson Continuous Integration

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:09:41 -0400

Hi Vaughan,

My apologies for taking so long to respond. StarCluster uses Python's
os.path.expanduser to determine the user's home directory and in this
case it's returning '/root' for some reason. My guess is Hudson runs as
root and runs the CI script as the Hudson user but doesn't clear the
environment so that $HOME still points to /root which causes
os.path.expanduser to return the wrong value. You might try exporting
$HOME explicitly to the right place before running StarCluster and see
if that helps.

If this doesn't work please feel free to join #starcluster on IRC and we
can try to debug this:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=starcluster

~Justin