StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Port Forwarding Plugin

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:41:24 -0400

Hey Chris,

Once again, my apologies for the delay. I think using
node.ssh.execute_async should solve your immediate problem with the
plugin but I will test this and get back to you with details on why.

Taking a step back, I don't think this plugin is really necessary. I
already, by default, allow all traffic between nodes in the cluster's
security group so mongo should be able to listen on the public interface
(ie master:$port) and be accessible to all nodes without being wide open
to the world. I just looked at the docs and this clearly needs to be
documented. Added an issue[1] so I don't forget to add it in.

HTH,

~Justin

[1] https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/issues/132