StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: running starcluster on openstack

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:20:14 -0400

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Shunde Zhang
<shunde.zhang_at_adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Rayson,
>
> Thanks a lot for the information.
> I have successfully downloaded the images, but I am not sure how to use
> them.
> Do you think I can load them into OpenStack without any changes?

They are ISO images, so you will need to convert them from ISO to KVM
(or Xen) image format. Also, OpenStack does not have its own VMM, so
if you are using KVM/QEMU (IIRC, KVM is the kernel part, so it's QEMU
that reads the image), then you will need to find the a way to convert
the ISOs to a format that KVM/QEMU uses.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/