StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Steps for a new AMI

From: Sergio Mafra <no email>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:44:08 -0300

Dear friends,

If I would like to customize an AMI to serve as model to all my StarCluster
configurations (launch, add node, remove node, ELB cluster.. etc). To do
this, should I:

a) choose an AMI supported, launch StarCluster, *do all the customizations*,
create a new AMI.. done.
b) choose an AMI supported, *do all customizations*, create a new AMI,
launch StarCluster.. done

Option a) seems to be more reasonable due the possibility to do all tests
with the desired configuration but Ive read somewhere that you should go
using b) option.

What do you recommend?

Best Regards,

Sergio