StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: newbie problems

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:47:45 -0400

Manal,

Here's my spending back in Feb. I am also in the free tier, BTW.

In that month, I used 27 hours of t1.micro & 1 hour of m1.small, thus
I got charged $ 0.09 ($0.085 rounded up!).

         Amazon EC2 running Linux/UNIX
                   $0.00 per Micro Instance (t1.micro) instance-hour (or partial
hour) under monthly free tier 27 Hrs 0.00
                   $0.085 per Small Instance (m1.small) instance-hour (or partial
hour) 1 Hr 0.09

         Amazon EC2 EBS
                   $0.00 per GB-month of provisioned storage under monthly free
tier 0.398 GB-Mo 0.00
                   $0.00 per 1 million I/O requests under monthly free tier 428,595 IOs 0.00

         Elastic IP Addresses
                   $0.00 per Elastic IP address remap - first 100 remaps / month 1
Count 0.00

I am under the free EBS limit (it was then 10GB month, but the limit
got bumped up to 30 GB month recently). Note that you can use 60GB for
15 days, then 0 GB for the rest of the month, and Amazon will not
charge you anything. I think Amazon has a very straightforward
pricing, and you don't need to worry about whether the EBS is used by
a t1.micro or a cg1.4xlarge or even just left there for backup...

Basically, feel free to mix and match free & non-free EC2 resource.

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

Scalable Grid Engine Support Program