StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Custom AMI .ssh directories disappearing on restart

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:44:45 -0400

Hi Danny,

First of all if you always want to use the same SSH keys for all 30
users you need to specify an EBS volume for StarCluster to attach,
mount, and NFS-share on /home, e,g:

[volume myhome]
volume_id = vol-923923
mount_path = /home

[cluster smallcluster]
volumes = myhome

This will preserve the entire /home folder when the cluster is
terminated. The next time the cluster is started, using the
'smallcluster' template above, the /home folder will be reattached and
the SSH keys will be reused by the createusers plugin.

Concerning the 'disappearing' of .ssh I'm guessing you ran the plugin
using the 'runplugin' command which does a quick one-time run of the
plugin. In general if you wish to use a plugin every time you start a
cluster you need to put the plugin in one of your cluster template's
plugins list, e.g.:

[cluster smallcluster]
volumes = myhome
plugins = createusers