StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Custom AMI .ssh directories disappearing on restart

From: danny jacobs <no email>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 19:35:18 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Background:
I created my own EBS-backed AMI by copying one of the starcluster AMIs
in the way described in the docs. ie

starcluster start -o -s 1 -i m1.large -n ami-999d49f0 imagehost
<installed some stuff>
starcluster ebsimage <ami id> myami

Then I substituted the output ami id into the starcluster config file,
Node_IMAGE_ID = <myami id>

and started up a cluster with my new ami
Finally I ran the createusers plugin (with the 30 users example).

Problem:
I am able to connect as any of the new users with the ssh keys
automatically downloaded as a tarball; all is well.
But when I terminate and then restart a new instance of the cluster,
the .ssh directories are gone. The userXXX directories are still
there but no more userXXX/.ssh.

Is this supposed to be? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
~Danny

Arizona State University
School of Earth and Space Exploration