StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Local machine for development

From: Matthew Summers <no email>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:25:58 -0500

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Wen Siang Lin <wensiang.lin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is an FAQ. I'm interested in simulation and would like to use
> star cluster as the base. But, I want to have a local machine for developing
> the code.
> So, I'm seeking for advice on which route to go? I'm also pretty new to
> Amazon EC2. AFAIK, the AMI is a virtual machine, is it possible to have it
> imaged to a physical machine? Better still a virtualbox machine?
>
> Appreciate the input.
>
> Thanks.

Hey there,

If you want to work locally, the so-called Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud
(UEC) system will do it, using Eucalyptus I believe. I think its fully
compatible with AWS EC2 and therefore Starcluster. You will need the
Starcluster AMIs, as noted by a previous poster. Hit this link and
scroll down a bit http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server/download

Grumble grumble *GENTOO* grumble grumble.

Cheers!

--
Matthew W. Summers