StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Template verification usability bug

From: Amirhossein Kiani <no email>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:47:08 -0800

Hi,

I had specified an already mounted volume as one of my EBS volumes for a cluster and when trying to start the cluster, instead of getting an error telling me that I have specified a mounted volume I got the following:

>>> Validating cluster template settings...
!!! ERROR - Cluster settings are not valid:
!!! ERROR - No master node found!

It took me a while to figure out what the exact problem was and think the error could have been more informative.

Cheers,
Amir