StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Issue creating a cluster of 30 nodes with starcluster

From: Sumita Sinha <no email>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:00:38 +0530

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response.

1. Currently my account has an instance limit of 100.

2. I will with spot instance to check with the speed.

3. As per one of my query.

Does starcluster wait for all the nodes to be up and then it starts
configuring them all at one time.
Is there any parameter in the config file or any options in the starcluster
start command that says "configuration of the cluster and installing
SGE/Configuring NFS to be a parallel operation. any node should not wait
for the other nodes to be up for getiing configured that's if we post a job
on that ready node it should start executing the job with the available no
of nodes that are running and configured."

If the above is not possible , is there any specific reason while starting
a cluster, starcluster does the configuration of nodes only when all are
running.

Regards
Sumita

--