StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: remotely run jobs on starcluster

From: Mark Gordon <no email>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:03:48 -0600

Hi Liang:

At ceswp.ca we wrote a Python program called LaunchServer. Our webapp (the
equivalent of your EC2 instance 'A') posts a request to LaunchSever
specifying the AMI ID, the machine type, number of nodes, etc, and
LaunchServer uses StarCluster to create the cluster (and to run a scientific
model on the cluster). It would be straight forward (I believe!) to add the
ability you describe (submit a job to SGE on an existing cluster).

Email me if you would like a copy of LaunchServer.

cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Gordon