StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Starcluster - Taking advantage of multiple cores on EC2

From: Bill Lennon <no email>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:59:26 +0000

Dear Starcluster Gurus,

I've successfully loaded the Starcluster AMI onto a single high-memory quadruple extra large instance and am performing an SVD on a large sparse matrix and then performing k-means on the result. However, I'm only taking advantage of one core when I do this? On my laptop (using scipy numpy, intel MKL), on a small version of this, all cores are taken advantage of automagically. Is there an easy way to do this with a single starcluster instance with Atlas? Or do I need to explicitly write my code to multithread?

My thanks,

Bill