StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Saving a custom AMI

From: Chris Diehl <no email>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:13:48 -0700

Hi All,

I've been trying to save a custom AMI this morning with StarCluster and I
keep getting the following error.

$ starcluster createimage i-8a84f2e5 custom_starcluster_image AMI_Instances
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

cli.py:1079 - ERROR - bucket name AMI_Instances is not valid

I created an AMI_Instances bucket on S3 and *thought* I had configured
permissions properly. But with everything I've tried, I come up with the
same result.

Any thoughts on what I should check would be greatly appreciated!

Chris