StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: issues creating a new AMI from a starcluster AMI

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:18:43 -0500

Hi Neal,

My apologies for the delay. This happened because you added the instance
to the _at_sc-masters group when you launched it in the AWS console (see
the listinstances output). The 0.91.2 version assumes an instance is a
starcluster image if it belongs to a group starting with the "magic"
prefix: "_at_sc-" and prints out warnings in this case. Since you didn't
really launch the instance with StarCluster you can safely ignore those
warnings as I'm sure you have by now.

FWIW, this is no longer an issue in the github/next version; meaning you
can create new images from instances launched by StarCluster.

~Justin