StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: ERROR - "createvolume" failure due to missing AMI in eu-west zone

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 13:25:08 -0500

Hi Kyeong,

Sorry you've run into this issue. This is happening because the
us-east-1 StarCluster AMI is hard-coded in the createvolume command in
StarCluster 0.91.2 and cannot be modified via the config or an option
to the createvolume command. The latest github code, however, allows
you to pass an --image-id flag that allows you to switch to another
AMI when creating new volumes. In general any Linux AMI should work in
theory provided it has the standard sfdisk/mkfs.ext3 commands that are
commonly available on most Linux distros. You can also change the mkfs
command used by the createvolume command via the --mkfs-cmd flag if
needed. If you're interested in testing the latest code please note
that you will need to shutdown all clusters previously launched using
the 0.91* release before using the development version. Also any
volumes created can only be used with the development version. Any
volumes created with the development version will be compatible with
the upcoming 0.92 release.

Hope that helps,

~Justin