StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster alternatives to EC2?

From: Mark J. Pearrow <no email>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:42:37 -0500

On Jan 5, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Adam DeConinck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone adapted StarCluster to the use of compute resources other
> than Amazon EC2?

I'm also interested in this. I have an Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (which is just Eucayptus with some fancy add-ons) and I'd love to be able to manage my instances there using StarCluster. Additionally, I'd love to be able to span a grid engine cluster over my UEC and onto EC2 from a common interface (e.g., StarCluster) - using UEC for most of the instances and being able to spill over into EC2 when needed for very large jobs.

mjp