StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: WebFeedback - cluster: Hi Thank you very much for a wonderful tool I have two ques... [help.mit.edu #1415359]

From: Boris Fain <no email>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:56:53 -0800

Hi Justin -

Thank you very much, this helps a lot. Now that you said it I do see the
instructions for making AMI's require X.509 certificates, and we'll
get them and put them into the config file. The default config file did not
have that section, so that's why we missed it. Will report on success :-)

As for the instance, we actually did create an instance using the AWS
console - but we selected a starcluster 64 bit AMI for the single instance -
and also a starcluster security policy.
We did this because your Ubuntu version instance has almost everything we
need (except we need to downgrade the compiler), and the security policy is
exactly what we want.
I don't think we had any other cluster instances on the web. Are there some
remnants of our previous cluster launches that may have confused
starcluster? Or was this because
of the security policy? Should we set our own security policy?

Thank you Justin.