StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

starcluster start error

From: Hui Zhao <no email>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:04:56 -0400

Hi,
What is the minimal parameters needed for the starcluster config file?
I only edited the uncommented ones in the template config before the
section of "configure EBS Volumes". I got error shown as below. I
copied AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID/AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY from my aws account
including the 12 digits AWS_USER_ID. Why does it complain it's
invalid? For the keypair, that is the one with .pem extension, right?
I cannot fine the file cluster.py either. Please advise.
Thanks,
Julia

-bash-3.2$ starcluster start smallcluster
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

>>> Using default cluster template: smallcluster
>>> Validating cluster template settings...
cluster.py:766 - ERROR - Invalid AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID/
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY combination.
cli.py:243 - ERROR - settings for cluster template "smallcluster" are
not valid