StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: bug(?) with setting up ssh keys for sgeadmin

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:32:48 -0400

  On 10/29/10 12:14 AM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started a cluster and saw this:

> I'm not sure where it found existing ssh keys...I am on a different
> machine now.
It found them on the running cluster at /home/sgeadmin/.ssh/id_rsa. Do
you have a volume attached to /home by chance? If so then those are the
keys from a previous run. If not are you using a new AMI you just created?
> Anyway, I log in to the master node as sgeadmin:
>
> starcluster sshmaster -u sgeadmin thecluster
>
> Then I try to "ssh node001"
> Not only does it prompt me to accept the key, but it then says
> permission denied (publickey).
> So apparently those existing RSA ssh keys are not working.
>
> If I ssh as root, (or sudo -s) I can then "ssh node001" without
> prompting or permission denied problems.
> As a workaround I can do everything as root, but I would prefer not to.
What happens if you do:

$ starcluster sshmaster thecluster

and then su to sgeadmin:

$ su - sgeadmin

$ ssh node001

Does this work? Also, you should check your debug file in
/tmp/starcluster-debug.log (on your local machine) for any failures
related to ssh keys.

~Justin