StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

bug(?) with setting up ssh keys for sgeadmin

From: Dan Tenenbaum <no email>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:14:41 -0700

Hi,

I started a cluster and saw this:

>>> Configuring passwordless ssh for root
>>> Configuring passwordless ssh for user: sgeadmin
>>> Using existing RSA ssh keys found for user: sgeadmin

I'm not sure where it found existing ssh keys...I am on a different machine
now.

Anyway, I log in to the master node as sgeadmin:

starcluster sshmaster -u sgeadmin thecluster

Then I try to "ssh node001"
Not only does it prompt me to accept the key, but it then says permission
denied (publickey).
So apparently those existing RSA ssh keys are not working.

If I ssh as root, (or sudo -s) I can then "ssh node001" without prompting or
permission denied problems.
As a workaround I can do everything as root, but I would prefer not to.

Hope someone can help!
Thanks!
Dan