StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: starcluster-extras plugin project on git --- PackageLoader

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:44:57 -0400

  Hi Austin,

Great, I'll set up a new starcluster-plugins repo this weekend and pull
the code from your starcluster-extras project. Then we should be all set
and I'll send out an email about forking this new repo for users who
want to contribute new plugins.

> Also, how on earth would I write a test for something like this
> plugin? Seems messy.

Well it is possible to script it out, however, even just testing that
you can launch a cluster, install your packages using your
cluster-install script, stop the cluster, start a new cluster and check
that those packages were automatically installed without any user
intervention would be enough. Doesn't have to be scripted.

~Justin