StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] InvalidInstanceID.NotFound on Disk Creation

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:06:51 -0400

Hi Austin,

Yes the VolumeCreator class shuts down all instances in the _at_sc-volumecreator security group after successful creation of a volume by default. If you run two volume creator sessions at the same time they will attempt to use the same host. Whichever finishes first will shutdown the instance (unless you tell it not to) which breaks things for the other session. If you want to run two volume creator sessions at the same time you should pass the --no-shutdown option to the createvolume command or use shutdown_instance=False in the VolumeCreator class's constructor if you're using the class directly. After the volumes have been created successfully you can run the following command to shut down the volume host instance(s):

$ starcluster stop volumecreator

Hope that helps,