StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] InvalidInstanceID.NotFound on Disk Creation

From: Austin Godber <no email>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:55:17 -0400

Has anyone else seen an InvalidInstanceID error when creating a disk?

I got the following error when creating a disk:

volume.py:186 - ERROR - exception thrown: EC2ResponseError: 400 Bad Request
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Response><Errors><Error><Code>InvalidInstanceID.NotFound</Code><Message>The
instance ID 'i-913c54fb' does not
exist</Message></Error></Errors><RequestID>XXXXXX</RequestID></Response>

The instance definitely started since I see it as terminated in my AWS
console. Oh, I bet I know what happened. I was actually creating TWO
disks at the same time. I bet that disk creation shuts down all
instances in the _at_sc-volumecreator group. And when the first one was
killed, the second one was killed along with it.

Austin