StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] enlarge volume

From: Dan Yamins <no email>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:44:42 -0400

> $ umount /dev/sdz
> $ fdisk /dev/sdz
>
> # Type 'd' to delete the primary partition
> # Type 'n' for new partition
> # Type 'p' for primary
> # Type '1' for 1st
> # Type Enter for 1st cylinder
> # Type Enter for last cylinder (full disk)
> # Type 'w' to finish

I following these instructions, and up until here they worked. But there:

> $ e2fsck -f /dev/sdz1

... I get this error:

[root_at_domU-12-31-39-0E-B2-61 ~]# e2fsck -f /dev/sdz1
e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdz

filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

I also tried it with " e2fsck -f /dev/sdz", same error