StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] problem with centOS ami?

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:48:17 -0400

> Justin, do you know what is going on, and how I should fix it? Are things actually essentially working, or not?

This is harmless. I've encountered troubles with NFS in the past if that command isn't executed which is why it's in StarCluster (as a safety measure). On the Ubuntu images the rpc_pipefs isn't mounted after StarCluster starts portsmap so this command succeeds, apparently with CentOS it is. The error you're getting is just saying it's already mounted which means everything should be fine. If you look in your log you should also see the same output you received when you ran the command by hand. If NFS is alive and working you're all set.

Thanks for creating the image and making it public. I'll start it up and take a look.

Any CentOS users interested in testing?

~Justin