StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Cluster with mixed NODE_INSTANCE_TYPE's

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:39:56 -0400

Hi Jay,

Since you're just wanting a single m2.xlarge instance and 4 c1.xlarge instances you could do the following:

[cluster mycluster]
cluster_size = 5
master_instance_type = m2.xlarge
node_instance_type = c1.xlarge

This template will use the m2.xlarge type to launch the master, and the c1.xlarge type for the 4 worker nodes.

We do have support for even more fine grained control of node instance types (thanks to Dan Yamins) if it's needed, however, I haven't yet documented this functionality. Let me know if the above doesn't meet your needs and I'll fill you in.