StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] OT: How much does supercomputing cost?

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:52:12 -0400

Hi,
A little off topic, sorry. I have been writing my masters thesis on
the Elastic Load Balancing project for StarCluster. Now that the code
is nearly done, I've arrived at the writing part.

Can anyone give me a realistic estimate of how much their scientific
computing jobs cost on a traditional supercomputer, versus how much
they cost on starcluster? I would like to evince the fact that
StarCluster can save a lot of money, and that there is potential for
ELB to save even more.

Thanks!
Rajat